Monday, February 8, 2016

Fifty is Shifty

Fifty is Shifty

I haven't blogged in a bit.  And this new format is crazy.  But I will learn it.  If I can retain focus long enough.  Although, menopause brain has turned my focus into a spinning kaleidoscope of random thought held together by raging hormones and ADD.

SQUIRREL!

I like blogs.  (Oh btw I change gears frequently!)  I think there is a lot of useful info out there if you can get pass the myriad of ads.  I hate those sites that make you wade through full picture ads for crap I don't want, to find the little teeny tiny arrow that points you to the info I got on the blog site for in the first place.  And with a dis-fragmented brain and short attention span I generally lose interest about 5 seconds into the site and I am no longer care enough to continue.  IF I can remember what interested me in the first place.

But blogs.  Ya, I like blogs.   Butt the majority seem categorically alike.  Cutsey upbeat everything is terribly light and organized and wonderful and nearly perfect, unless one posts the adorable failure, or sweet little mess up, and isn't it all just DARLING!

I can't relate.

I sit here in my eternally messy house, because I don't live alone, (which is my excuse for my eternally messy house) with my snoring farting dog near. (What the crap do they put in dog food that makes it smell like that anyway???)  And cute and perfect is not my life.

And the whole fifty thing has taken me by surprise.  I always missed the hip generation.  When I was twenty the show "Thirtysomething" was huge tv show.  Then in my thirties the twenty year olds from "Friends" dominated.  I was always in the wrong decade.  And now fifty.  What are you supposed to do in your fifties?  I am too young to retire -  not that I wouldn't in a heartbeat if I had the funds.  I am too old to start a new career.  Ya Ya I know people have done it, Grandma Moses started art at seventy something, whatever, shut up,   Kids are grown,  Grandchildren are growing,  Moms (mine and his) are declining, (Dads are both gone now) and I have decided menopause is crap.

So what now?

No comments:

Post a Comment